Secondary Central Student Interest Programs 2022-2023
Application and Admissions
All students who have an interest and passion for a particular area may apply to the centralized schools and programs. Ursula Franklin Academy students interest program is focused on Integrated Technology. For more information please visit the TDSB website at Ursula Franklin Academy – Integrated Technology. A completed Centralized Program Application is all that is required. If the number of applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, all applicants will be eligible for the random selection process.
Students are encouraged to attend the UFA Open House on November 15, 2022 and research our program before submitting their application.
The online application will be open from November 7 to 25, 2022 at 4 p.m. Where the number of applicants exceed the number of spaces available in a program, all eligible applicants will be included in the random selection process.
Please click on the following link for information on the TDSB Secondary Central Student Interest Programs, to learn more about the applications and admissions process and to complete the Application Form click the following link:
Need help with your application? Please use the following link for step by step instructions: Application Resource Link
Each type of program (i.e. the Arts) will have a consistent application outlined on the programs’ webpage.
Students can apply to up to two Centralized Programs or Schools. If applying to two choices, the applications must be ranked. If accepted to the first choice program, they will not be considered for their second choice.
Students may also opt to be considered in other programs/schools of the same focus that have availability if they are not selected for their desired school.
TDSB Special Interest Programs Application Information Sessions UPCOMING
TDSB Interest Programs Information Session (LINK), taking place on November 3, 2022, will help students and families learn more about local programs, Facilitated Access to Skilled Trades programs, out-of-area admissions and applying to centralized programs and schools, including:
- Arts Focus Programs/Schools (elementary and secondary)
- CyberARTS Programs (elementary and secondary)
- Elite Athlete Programs (elementary and secondary)
- Integrated Technology School
- International Baccalaureate Programs
- Leadership Pathway Program
- Math, Science & Technology Programs
To further support students and families with the application process, central TDSB staff will be hosting three (3) Centralized Program Admissions Support Sessions to answer any questions that students or families may have when completing the Centralized Program Application. Live, online support will be available on the following dates:
- November 8 – 4:00pm – 5:30pm (LINK)
- November 15 – 7:00pm – 8:30pm (LINK)
- November 24 – 4:00pm – 5:30pm (LINK)
Admissions Process for UFA
In November 2022, students may apply for admissions to Grades 9 and 10. Students will be admitted in Grade 10 if space is available.
Applicants must complete the Secondary Centralized Programs Online Application (LINK)
*If the number of students who are eligible to attend UFA exceeds the number of spaces available in any given year, all eligible students will be placed in a pool for a random draw (lottery).
At Ursula Franklin Academy, a school focused on social justice, we are committed to ensuring that fairness, equity, and inclusion are essential principles of our school community and are integrated into our registration process, programs, operations, and practices. Ursula Franklin Academy follows the Equitable Policy practices as outlined on the TDSB website.
As part of the Board’s strategic efforts and commitments to advance equity and inclusion, and ensure non-board discrimination, Ursula Franklin Academy encourages applications from families that represent the full diversity of communities in Toronto. Our admission policy allows for priority entry for members of diverse communities and for offers to be made to proportionally represent a diversity of Indigenous and racial identities, gender identity and expression. Our offers to members of diverse communities will comprise a minimum of 20%. 20% of spaces reflect the TDSB and Toronto demographic for historically and currently underserved communities (students self-identifying as Indigenous, Black, Latin American and Middle Eastern).
This year we will be targeting a grade 9 class of 108 students and will be making offers commensurate with that target.
Random Selection Process
- The random selection process will be run early December.
On December 8th, 2022, you will be notified of your student’s placement via email. Within this email, there will be a unique link that will allow you to see your student’s placement in real time. This means that the link will always show you the student’s current placement, even if that placement has changed.
- If your student has received a spot, you must either accept or decline this seat by 4:00 p.m. on December 14th, 2022. If you do not accept your placement by the deadline, the placement will be automatically declined.
- If your student has been waitlisted, stay tuned for the next round of placements.
- On December 15th, 2022, the second round of placement emails will be sent out.
- If your student has received a spot, you must either accept or decline this seat by 4:00 p.m. on December 21st, 2022. If you do not accept your placement by the deadline, the placement will be automatically declined.
- The waitlist will continue to be maintained until February 22nd, 2023, for secondary programs and March 22nd, 2023 for elementary programs. If a spot opens up for your student before that time, you will receive a placement email with a specific deadline to accept or decline.
Registration – New TDSB Students only
- If the student is new to the TDSB, you will receive an email on February 16th, 2023. This email will contain a unique link to the student’s Registration form.
- Current TDSB students do not need to complete a registration form. They will not be receiving a unique link.
- If you have not received this link by noon on February 17, 2023, please check all of your email folders including junk mail and spam. If it cannot be located, please contact the TDSB Secondary Program and Admissions Office at SecondaryReview@tdsb.on.ca.
- To keep your space in a Secondary Program, you must complete and submit the Registration form by noon on March 10, 2023. For Elementary Programs, the deadline is noon on April 6, 2023.